Leadership at eec
The eec’s collective vision continues with the Member Advisory Committee, Subcommittees and Special Interest Groups which provide leadership and support key functions of the eec.
This Advisory Committee is chaired by eec members Anita Absey of Return Path and Ryan Phelan of Acxiom Corporation. MAC serves as the Board for eec.
Our Mission is to:
- Present professional education programs and encourage the sharing of knowledge and experience through online and offline conferences, seminars, webinars, and publications.
- Encourage and publicize excellent performance and ethical practices by email and digital marketers and entities that serve them.
- Protect and advance the interests of all email and digital marketers with marketing media; with legislative, regulatory, and standards-setting bodies; with trade and consumer media; and with the general public.
Create broad coalitions of like-minded organizations to work towards a common goal of supporting and protecting email and digital marketers.
Subcommittees that serve under MAC:
Advocacy Subcommittee, Chaired by Dennis Dayman; Oracle. Recommends/develops best practices, guidance and position papers.
Awards Subcommittee, Chaired by Loren McDonald; Silverpop. Recognizes the best and brightest in email marketing and thought leadership.
Education & Events Subcommittee, Chaired by Ali Swerdlow; LeadSpend. Develops specialized regional and networking events.
Marketing & Membership Subcommittee, Chaired by John Caldwell; Red Pill Email. Acquisition, retention and engagement with the eec membership.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs):
In July 2013, the eec established new task forces to develop playbooks or best practices focused on certain segments of the email/digital marketing field. The SIG's mission is to provide handbooks to new entrants in certain email marketing fields, a refresher for current professionals, and a networking opportunity for seasoned professionals and thought leaders to exchange ideas and practices.
- Retail Marketing Special Interest Group, Chaired by Nate Romance; ExactTarget
- Travel & Hospitality Special Interest Group, Chaired by Dwight Sholes; American Express Vacations
eec Members interested in becoming more involved with our Member Advisory Committee, Subcommittees or SIGs can contact: email@example.com.
Previous Projects: Developed and launched an eec YouTube Marketer Education Channel.