While each B2B marketer must consider its unique situation – products, purchasers, sales cycle, etc. – there is ample evidence of a shift from traditional media to digital tactics to facilitate growth for business marketers. In fact, there are, in my analysis, seven trends in B2B marketing strategies and spending starting with …
- The Internet has become the premier resource of information amongst C-Suite executives with search engine first for information.
- Digital marketing – in its myriad forms – along with email marketing, form an important part of B2B marketing outreach to generate leads and facilitate sales growth.
- Online social networking is emerging as an important tool in business-to-business marketing.
- Usage of blogs, microblogs, and RSS Feeds – currently segregated by generation – may eventually become essential contact points in maintaining B2B brands.
- Mobile marketing or the “mobile web” seems to be in its genesis amongst B2B marketers.
- B2B branding is growing in importance and directly correlated with increases in top-line revenue and market cap.
- Accountability is predominant – from analytics and front-end campaign tracking to back-end lead nurturing.