Stefan Pollard Award – Thought Leader Award – Email Program Awards
Background and Purpose
We see greatness all around us and in the inboxes that we check every day. Those accomplishments from the teams and individuals behind the curtain deserve recognition of their efforts and the resounding push to drive innovation and email itself forward.
Look around you! What amazed you in the last year? Who amazed you in the last year? Better than a pat on the back, is recognition from the industry of someone’s efforts and results.
The Email Experience Council is accepting nominations for individuals who represent the best and brightest in the email marketing industry. We are excited to promote and honor stand-out email marketers. Additionally, know of a campaign that produced outstanding results or innovation? You can nominate a program also!
We’re accepting nominations for:
- The EEC Stefan Pollard Email Marketer of the Year Award
- The EEC Email Marketer Thought Leader of the Year Award
- The EEC Email Program Awards
- Nominations open: January 6, 2020
- Nominations will be accepted until February 10, 2020.
- Winners will be honored at the 2020 Email Evolution Conference April 13-15; 2020 in Nashville, TN.
- You can nominate one or multiple candidates for each individual award (Pollard and Thought Leader).
- Submissions for Thought Leader & Pollard candidates can encompass work/characteristics over several years or an entire career; it is not limited to a single year.
- You cannot submit the same program entry/campaign to more than one category.
- Nominations are free.
- The EEC Awards Subcommittee will review the nominations and select a winner for each award based on the criteria in the nomination form.
- The winners will be selected and announced in March 2020.
The 2020 EEC Stefan Pollard Email Marketer of the Year Award:
Stefan Pollard was an innovative force in the email industry. He had a unique perspective that came from working on the client and agency side. He saw the larger picture of innovation and a company’s ability to create and implement that innovation. It’s in his memory that we created an award around his legacy. Stefan is someone we should all aspire to be.
Stefan Pollard:In Memoriam respected & beloved member of the email marketing community.
- Exemplary Performance: we’re looking for marketers that have pushed the envelope of their current programs to drive a goal. As such, we want the candidate to have results tied to their efforts. These results can be whatever the particular company measures success but should be tied to the objectives they set out to hit at the beginning of the program. These results can be:
– Dollar value or proxy for dollar value
– Conversion metric
- Cross Channel Performance: the future of email marketing is tied to the ability of any company to create a cross-channel experience where email is one part of that experience. We’re looking for programs that have integrated their email marketing across other channels through data, creative or strategy.
- Creating Innovation with Data: lies in your access to available data and to use such data for better targeting, messaging, or even suppression of people. We’re looking for programs that had a keen eye and integration with data. That can be in the segmentation or the insights found to create an exemplary program or finding new ways to use existing data. So, tell us how data was central to your success!
Advanced Email Marketing Program: Describe the advancement that you deployed. We’re moving beyond having a stellar welcome program or a tweak to an abandoned cart. The submission should be an advanced program that clearly pushes the bounds of email and is unique.
- New Strategies – Redefining the Email Marketing Channel: We all love new things, and in companies, true innovation is something that’s not been done before. So share with us the innovation and how this was something that was brand new and redefined the channel for you and your company.
The 2020 eec Email Marketer Thought Leader of the Year Award:
This award winner will be someone that is currently working at a Digital Agency; ESP; or Third-Party Service Provider. Work submitted for Thought Leader can be over several years or an entire career; it is not limited to a single year.
The EEC Awards Subcommittee will be judging entries based on the following points:
- Outward Sign of Thought Leadership: We’re looking for a candidate that is active in the community and helping lead marketers forward in innovation. There are a lot of smart people in the industry, but the true sign of a Thought Leader is that they give back to the community by writing, speaking, interacting with marketers in demonstrable ways. Is the person considered a thought leader or generally well-accepted?
- Service: Is the candidate active in the industry with an organization? There’s many of them out there and they’re all focused on leadership and volunteerism. Examples could be The EEC, DMA (UK), ANA, ESPC, M3AAWG, WoE and others.
- Vision and Influence: Does the candidate practically apply their strategies to application by the market. Have they introduced new material to the industry so that marketers can directly apply it to their strategies. We all need realistic expectations and merely doing research for the sake of research is helpful, but applying it simply is the role of a Thought Leader.
- Innovation: In his/her career, how much has this person contributed to the industry as a whole and driving email forward? A thought leader has not only been around for a while and established a history in the industry, but they have consistently moved the needle for the industry.
The 2020 eec Email Program Awards:
These awards promote excellence in email marketing. In particular; these awards will showcase the impact that email is having in the marketplace and within organizations. How it can assist in achieving larger organizational goals while also demonstrating innovative thinking. And most importantly; these awards will feature email campaigns/programs that make us excited and proud of the work being done in our industry. Go to Submission page
Best Overall Improvement Award:
This award will recognize those that were not happy with the predictability of the status quo in a program. In this award, we are looking for major improvements in an existing program by leveraging an insight to layout a new program to generate significantly improved results that justify the investment to change the program. The key components of the submission should be prior results, the insight that drove change, description of the change, any testing, and final results.
“One-Person Team” Award:
This award will celebrate the scrappy email marketer who gets a ton of stuff done without a lot of help, yet delivers a great program and results through hard work and innovation. We are looking for those unsung email heroes that work day in and day out to keep a program evolving. We want to hear about what they are able to accomplish in the context of their constraints.
This award will honor a program that connects email to another channel such as site, call center, push, SMS, IOT, or even screen reader. We want to see great examples of how email is being used with and is considerate of other channels. We will be looking for programs that are designed to improve customer experience and deliver results by coordinating messaging across 2 or more channels, as long as one of those channels is email.
Individual Award Winners (Pollard & Thought Leader) Receive:
- Complimentary registration to attend the 2020 Email Evolution Conference.
- Feted by colleagues; peers at a special luncheon at the Email Evolution Conference in Nashville, TN – April 14, 2020.
- Recognition and esteem from the industry and your peers.
- The opportunity to be featured in a blog and webinar with the EEC.
- A distinguished trophy.
Program winners will receive special recognition.
The EEC Awards Subcommittee is comprised of leaders in the email industry and friends and colleagues of Stefan Pollard:
- Ryan Phelan (Chair); Origin
- Jose Cebrian (Vice-Chair); Merkle, Inc.
- John Caldwell; Red Pill Email
- Raj Choudhury; Brightwave
- Alex Elman; Movable Ink
- Elaine Gamble; Klick Health
- Margaret Hamner; MailChimp
- Scott Hardigree; Email Industries
- Derek Harding; Trendline Interactive
- Jeff Haws; MessageGears
- Jennifer Horner; DEG
- Pushkraj Marathe
- April Mullen; Sparkpost
- Scott Multer; Epsilon
- Gretchen Scheiman, LiveClicker
- Paul Shriner; Audience Point
- Tink Taylor; dotdigital
Submission deadline for the EEC 2020 Award nominations is: February 10, 2020. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.