We’re excited to announce the opening of the 2020 EEC Awards. Start thinking about who shines and excels in email marketing – it’s time to nominate those trail-blazing individuals and those innovative email marketing campaigns for an EEC Award.
We made some exciting changes this year in looking for the best of the email industry! The EEC offers different award opportunities:
- Stefan Pollard Award – in honor of the beloved email marketer, legend – Stefan Pollard. This award recognizes a stand-out in the brand/client side of the business.
- Thought Leader Award – honors an individual who has made an incredible contribution from the vendor-side of the business.
- Program Awards – set of awards to promote and honor innovative email marketing campaigns. This year’s program awards includes the following three categories:
- Best Overall Improvement Award: This award will recognize those that were not happy with the predictability of the status quo in a program. In this award, we are looking for major improvements in an existing program by leveraging an insight to layout a new program to generate significantly improved results that justify the investment to change the program. The key components of the submission should be prior results, the insight that drove change, description of the change, any testing, and final results.
- “One-Person Team” Award: This award will celebrate the scrappy email marketer who gets a ton of stuff done without a lot of help (and maybe recognition), yet delivers great programs and results through hard work and innovation. We are looking for those unsung email heroes that work day in and day out to keep a program evolving. We want to hear about what they are able to accomplish in the context of their constraints.
- Cross-Channel Award: This award will honor a program that connects email to another channel such as site, call center, push, SMS, IOT, or even screen reader. We want to see great examples of how email is being used with and is considerate of other channels. We will be looking for programs that are designed to improve customer experience and deliver results by coordinating messaging across 2 or more channels, as long as one of those channels is email.
We’ll be kicking off the Awards season with a webinar on January 17th and will be joined by the 2019 Thought Leader Award winner – Matthew Vernhout (250ok). We’ll share our insights about where we believe email marketing is heading in 2020. Participants will also get tips and tricks on Award submissions for the coming year. Hope to see you at the upcoming webinar.
Nominations are open, and we will be accepting submissions until February 10, 2020. Awards are presented at a celebratory luncheon at the 2020 Email Evolution Conference in Nashville, TN on April 14th, 2020.
Nominate your favorite email marketer and campaign TODAY!
Ryan Phelan, Chair & Jose Cebrian, Vice-Chair of EEC Awards Subcommittee