Last Modified on June 14, 2017
The Email Experience Council (eec), the digital marketing arm of the Data & Marketing Association (DMA), respects the privacy of its members and of those who visit this site.
We sometimes work with third-party online advertisers who may collect and use information about your visits to this site and other sites across the Internet to serve relevant ads to you. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising. We may also partner with ad networks and other companies that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated web sites. To learn more about interest-based ads and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. DMA adheres to the DAA’s principles of notice, choice and transparency and is a founding member and participating organization of the DAA.
Information Collection, Use & Sharing
Information collected at this site includes:
- Volunteered Information: Information you voluntarily provide to us – such as your name, user name, address, phone number, email address and other contact information.
- Email Communication Registration: Email newsletter or opt-in submissions for education and events updates or partner messages. Requires visitors to give us contact information including their email address, name and company type.
- Membership Requests: This information is used only to screen potential Council members and contact them.
- Membership Account Information: Contact information that you submit online is used to allow members to access restricted parts of the website; for joining and renewal purposes and to showcase your brand and designated contacts on our online membership/sponsorship directory as appropriate.
- Account information: When you make a purchase, or join eec online, your payment information is collected by PayPal. We may collect additional contact, payment history, profile and preference information that you provide, but we do not have access to your specific credit card account information.
- Log Files: We use IP addresses to monitor our site and collect aggregate data for future use. IP addresses are anonymous and are not linked to any individual’s personal information.
- Online Chats: when you participate in our sponsored online chat sessions, the information you provide — contact information and session history – may be shared with the Sponsor of the chat or used by the eec to follow-up on your inquiry or provide you with information about the Sponsor or eec services, products or events that we believe would be of interest to you.
- Cookies: The Email Experience Council uses session ID cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. Session ID cookies expire when you close your browser.
- Client-side cookies: are also used to track and measure the success of a particular marketing campaign. Cookies are in no way linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Location Information: We may also collect geolocation data pertaining to your mobile device. This data may consist of precise latitude/longitude coordinates and may be linked to a device ID. We may use this location data to send you relevant information and offers from the eec. Certain of our mobile applications may also use this information to determine if you are attending one of our events. If you are, we may present you with information relevant to such participation. You may control how we use your device’s location information by visiting the settings menu of your mobile device. Please note that if you limit sharing of geolocation data, certain features of the mobile application may not work.
- Registration Information: When you register for an event or other offering, your registration information will be provided to the Data & Marketing Association (DMA) – eec’s parent company for registration and operational purposes. DMA may also send you marketing messages and promotional offers that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such promotions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you register for local Meetups, your contact information may be shared with the Meetup organizers for registration purposes.
- When you register for Coaching Clinics, your contact information may be shared with Clinic Sponsors for registration and operational purposes, if their conference call information is used.
- From time-to-time, eec may also share information collected through our Properties with other reputable third-party organizations whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you, or to deliver on our behalf eec advertisements to you on other websites you visit.
- We may allow advertisements to be placed on our Properties by third-party organizations. These organizations may collect web-reporting data on their placed advertisements.
We may occasionally send you messages on behalf of eec sponsors or other third parties. You will be able to opt-out of future third-party offers if you choose to do so by using the unsubscribe function within the email or by contacting us at: email@example.com.
The eec may share information collected through our Properties with other parties, including:
- Service providers, agents, or contractors authorized to perform services on our behalf, such as providing support for our internal operations or providing website analytics to improve our Properties;
- With associations and working groups for research purposes;
- Pursuant to a court order, subpoena, or other legal or government process or inquiry;
- If we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, or that disclosure is necessary to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or our Properties;
- As part of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of DMA; and
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
Security & Privacy
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our members is of utmost concern to us. We undertake reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
All email sent by The Email Experience Council will contain clear and concise instructions (such as clicking on the link at the bottom of an email) for how to opt-out of receiving future communications or you may always reach us: firstname.lastname@example.org to express your marketing preferences.
If you wish to limit the use and sharing of your online chat sessions or registration information, please contact us: email@example.com.
If you do not wish to have your information shared with third-party companies as previously described, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating such.
To manage your online ad experience, you can learn more and opt-out of interest-based advertising at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Upon request to email@example.com, we provide site visitors and members with the information that we maintain about them.
Current members of the Council may update their information by logging in to this site and updating their information or contacting us.
Links and Other Documents
The Email Experience Council website contains links to other sites, documents and other materials. The Email Experience Council is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their policies may differ from ours.
Please be assured that we take your concerns about privacy quite seriously, and we intend to take every reasonable effort to protect your privacy. If you have any questions about eec’s privacy practices, please contact eec:
The DMA Email Experience Council 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 325 | Alexandria, VA 22314 | firstname.lastname@example.org